S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Sr. Software Engineer Java
Loan Platforms form the industry standard, web-based platform dedicated to automating the lifecycle of trades in the global loan markets. The loan settlement platform simplifies trade settlement by providing a fully digitized, integrated, collaborative, real-time platform for buyers, sellers, service providers and agent banks to capture, acknowledge, and settle primary and secondary market loan trades. It provides secure messaging solutions to improve settlement liquidity and efficiency in the loan markets, facilitates post-trade automation, and provide real-time reporting based on the status of open and historical trades. The wider business includes the leading global site for loan position reconciliation as well as secure wire instructions / administrative details, making our team a highly desirable environment for technology professionals interested in working for the global leader in the syndicated loan ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced technologist to become a part of development team based in Gurgaon, India. This person will work closely with existing team members in this dynamic and challenging industry to develop and maintain innovative solutions for state-of-the-art centralized loans settlement platform, with emphasis on test ability, and leveraging existing components to accomplish timely delivery of software products according to the business schedule.
What’s in it for you:
This position will suit candidates who enjoy both the technical and business aspects of developing, testing, and deploying software to a schedule in an environment of high visibility and transparency around deliverables, business needs, and customer value. You will interface with various business units in the planning of major functionality, analyzing business functional requirements to determine the scope of work, evaluating available application alternatives to support business needs
· Highly proficient in Java
· Implementation of financial services software using enterprise Java and modern web technologies.
· Work closely with analysts to gather business requirements, develop and deliver highly scalable and numerate financial applications
· Quickly understand system architecture and become involved in design and development, taking ownership of assigned modules to drive projects to completion.
· Validate developed solutions to ensure that requirements met, and the results meet the business needs
· Independently execute Proof of Concepts to validate approach. Summarize and document results for stakeholder review
· This resource will need to be a strong mentor who can assist and help grow team members. This resource will coordinate with multiple team members and product owners across the globe. In some cases, this resource will be directly responsible for coordinating, requirements, design, and delivery of multiple ongoing projects
What We’re Looking For:
· A degree, or equivalent qualification, in a quantitative discipline such as economics, financial engineering, statistics and computer science
· 8+ years professional programming experience
· Strong Knowledge of Java distributed computing technologies, Spring, REST, and modern Java web technologies
· The right candidate would also demonstrate solid OO programming including Object Oriented Design Patterns and have strong opinions on best programming practices
· Well versed with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools and techniques
· Experience with highly numeric applications advantageous
· Experience on SQL Server
· Improve and maintain continuous deployment methodologies including working with SQA teams to enforce unit, regression, and integration testing.
· Experience with Python advantageous but not mandatory
· Highly focused on project delivery
· Strong influencing skills
· Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines, Excellent estimating, and planning skills
· Good problem-solving skills
· Decision Support
· Conflict Resolution
The Location: Gurgaon, India.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments, and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
S&P Global Mobility turns invaluable insights captured from automotive data to help our clients understand today’s market, reach more customers, and shape the future of automotive mobility.
S&P Dow Jones Indices provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global capital markets.
S&P Global Engineering Solutions solves for tomorrow’s challenges today by transforming workflows and end-user experiences with data, insights and technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Help us accelerate progress in the world.
For over 160 years, generations of pioneers and thinkers have brought transparency and trust into business, working to provide customers around the world with the essential intelligence needed to make decisions with conviction.
Bottom line: We care about our people. That’s why we provide everything you—and your career—need to thrive at S&P Global.
Health care coverage designed for the mind and body.
Generous time off helps keep you energized for your time on.
Access a wealth of resources to grow your career and learn valuable new skills.
Secure your financial future through competitive pay, retirement planning, a continuing education program with a company-matched student loan contribution, and financial wellness programs.
It’s not just about you. S&P Global has perks for your partners and little ones, too, with some best-in class benefits for families.
From retail discounts to referral incentive awards—small perks can make a big difference.