About the Job:Responsibility:
Your Profile :
The Head of Platform(s) is accomplished technically but also a leader of people.
The Head of Platform(s):
- Ensure stable operations of the service
- Balance stable operation of the service with future strategic improvement
- Oversees internal customer / stakeholder management: represents the service across the organization and a point of escalation for each product within their service
- Designates one or more deputy Service Owners for the service
Service design & development
- Provides thought leadership in creation of the service strategy in alignment Chief Service Owner and Organisational strategy
- Clearly communicates the strategy and vision of the service and each product and how they align to organisational strategy in alignment with the Development Experience Team
- Responsible for the delivery (the backlog) and lifecycle of products aligned to agreed service strategy
- Conducts forward looking competitive market assessment/benchmarking to enable fact based decision making on the direction of the service
- Provides fact based decision making on the direction of the product(s) based on market, customer and business analysis
- Manages vendor relations in alignment with and supported by COO Office
- Manages inventory related to the service and is accountable for the service / product data in the CMDB is up to date
Service deployment and operation
- Manages the risk of operating the service. Open risks and audit points are managed in alignment with the COO Office
- Serves as the point of escalation (notification) for major incidents
- Ensures that any changes to the service under their care follows the current change management work practice
- Ensures that performance meets the requirements of SLAs and OLAs
- Participates in negotiating Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) for the service
- Responsible for ensuring that the service entries in the Service Portal / Catalog are accurate and maintained
- Provides reporting and metrics on performance of service
Development and run cost management in alignment and supported by COO Office
Participates in internal service review meetings (within Enterprise Platform Services)
Participates in external service review meetings (with the customers)
Line management for Service Team members (day-2-day line management responsibilities may be delegated within the Service, but overall accountability remains with the Service Owner):
- Helps to make sure team members are happy and motivated (Pink's Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose)
- Helps to ensure psychological safety: team members feel confident to raise issues, challenges and voice contradictory opinions
- Build rapport with each team member
- Encourage and facilitate people in the Team to continuously develop themselves, both personally and within their area of expertise, so that they remain up-to-date in their field of expertise. (Think coaching, feedback and measures to facilitate cross-pollination)
- Conduct Saxo Pulse pitstops with all team members.
Note: in the case where line management has been delegated, the relevant Service Owner and the regional manager will attend pitstops as well
Set individual development key objectives (learning, teaching or personal) to supplement the shared team objectives set by the service
Ensure the team members 'meet' regularly
Recruit new talent
Ambassador for cultural change and a role model in terms of The Way We Work
Help identify market trends in the subject matter for the Team that may impact the way of working, and able to adopt and implement these trends in the practice of the team members
Full mandate for the areas outlined under Responsibility.
We offer :
Online trading is evolving at a rapid pace. That’s why innovation and development are crucial parts of our culture. We have close to 850 IT employees across the globe who are constantly improving our award-winning trading platform. At Saxo technology and the business are integrated into the same teams, ensuring end-to-end ownership. We organize ourselves based on what we want to do for our clients rather than on subject matter expertise, to make sure we make a positive impact on our clients. We encourage new ideas and promote individual ownership of projects and tasks. In that way, every challenge and every achievement in your career belongs to you.
We aspire to be a non-hierarchical, purpose-driven organisation. At Saxo, it is not about entitlement; it is about impact – no matter where you sit in the organisation. A good idea is always taken seriously and you can truly make a difference.
When you work here, you become part of the Saxo family. We invest in your personal development and offer you large responsibility from day one. We encourage an open feedback culture and a supportive team environment. If you show a collaborative spirit, drive and passion, your learning curve will be steep and your (international) career opportunities with Saxo immense.
We offer an attractive remuneration and benefits like 20 paid vacation days a year, subsidised fitness schemes and free meals in the office cafeteria.
How to apply :
Click Apply to create an account and upload your resume and a short motivation. We look forward to getting to know you better!
Working at Saxo means using and developing your skills in an ambitious global organisation at the cutting edge of banking and technology. If you're ready to thrive in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative environment that values your drive, creativity and desire to learn, find out more about careers at Saxo.
We believe access to the global capital markets is not only for the privileged few. We want to enable people everywhere to fulfill their financial aspirations and make a positive impact to their lives through the power of (our) technology. If you’re up for the challenge of breaking down barriers in global financial markets, we’re always looking for ambitious and enthusiastic people who share our passion for clients, technology and innovation and can bring a new perspective to our diverse team.
At Saxo, our conviction is that every great relationship is based on win-win. Whether with clients, partners, shareholders or employees, we only win when they win. We never compromise long-term progress for short-term success, which is why creating great teams, a strong culture and a strong work environment is important to us.
Saxonians share the same values. Our desire to win together gives the organisation energy. By being honest and independent, we build mutual trust and respect. Our healthy curiosity helps us think outside the box. We are extremely productive and ambitious, because we take pride in the client experience we deliver. For more on our story, culture and identity, please read the Saxo Bank foundation.
Saxo is made stronger by the different perspectives and experiences we have across our international and multicultural teams. We focus on making sure our employees can fulfil their career aspirations in a fair and unbiased professional environment, so that they have the power to thrive, succeed and lead.
At Saxo, we are never finished striving for improvement and are committed to increasing balance and removing unconscious biases across hiring, promotion, leadership and our overall corporate culture.
Here is an environment that is fast-paced, vibrant and dynamic, yet possessing the togetherness and warmth of people from so many different nationalities and cultures all over the globe. Every day we work as one big Saxo family, breaking through barriers and trailblazing the frontiers of FinTech development.