As a Database Engineer, you will join our IT Department in our Databases team. You will be responsible for administration and optimization of our databases. You will be in contact with many stakeholders in the company and be the referent regarding the databases of the bank.
- Build, and scale Swissquote’s database infrastructure
- Take in charge full databases administration
- Improve and optimize database administration and management with coding and automation with a focus on the performance, high availability and reliability.
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse databases and operating systems, and make them work well together.
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented, and train others to take on operations.
- Develop and maintain monitoring and alerting services
- Provide support to development teams on several projects
- Participate in on-call rotation with other team members, 1 week per month
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- 1+ year of experience with Database Engineering or Database Administration, using at least one of the following : MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, MSSQL.
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux environment
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, quick Agile environment.
- Fluent in French and English
A BANK THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ONE
Located near Geneva and the lake, our Headquarters gathers 600 of our employees: young (34 years old average), multicultural (50 nationalities) and wearing what suits them best. You will find a friendly atmosphere in an open and inclusive environment. Spacious offices, home-office policy, outdoor terrace, sports clubs and even... a real Pub for after-work moments.
Join a bank that doesn’t feel like one. Help us challenge everything that makes traditional banking irrelevant. The dress-code? The sluggish innovation? The inaccessible managers? Out! We value personality, initiative and above all, team spirit. Our teams of software engineers, legal officers, sales and banking specialists are empowered to work with a common goal: making trading opportunities accessible to everyone!
7 cities, 40 nationalities, 35 languages... our company is made up of a diversity of backgrounds, cultures and skills. We want our 600 employees to work in an inspirational and freethinking environment, without any dresscode. So, whether you play ping-pong or Quidditch, whether you wear suits or heavy-metal sweatshirts, whether you eat quinoa salad or burgers, you will always feel welcome to Swissquote. Come and have a try!
Swissquote is a team made up of a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, nationalities and skills which makes us such a unique business and what we are today.
We encourage you to challenge yourself, to push your colleagues from their comfort zones, to work together so we are stronger, faster and smarter at what we do.
So, collaborate with your colleagues, work with our partners and listen to our customers as we will achieve our vision united as one.
Dare to be different
We want to be innovators, pioneers, game-changers, stimulated by the endless possibilities of re-engineering trading - Think big!
We want to create the most inspiring working environment in the financial industry where new ideas and technologies are imagined and brought to life and where the norm is challenged by asking questions like; what if? Why not?
We want to create a freethinking environment where curiosity and debate is celebrated and the boundaries of technology and customers service are pushed beyond expectations.
We are professionally disruptive.
Do the right thing
Integrity is one of our most important values, it is the backbone of Swissquote.
We are consummate professionals, we will always abide by the regulations of our industry and do the right thing for our customers.
We are fair, honest, respectful and transparent in our dealings with our customers, staff, colleagues and partners.
Swissness - we may be pioneers and game-changers but everything we do will be considered and done for the right reasons for our customers’ benefit.