FlexTrade Systems is a global leader in high performance multi-asset execution management and order management systems for equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures, and options. A pioneer in the field, FlexTrade is internationally recognized for introducing FlexTRADER®, the world’s first broker-neutral, execution management trading system, which allows clients to completely control and customize their execution workflows through a comprehensive ability to search/access liquidity while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies.
Systems Engineer- DevOps
We are looking for an amazing Engineer with a passion for automation and configuration as well as experience in architecture to join our Team. The successful applicant will have experience in working closely with development, support and implementation teams to identify needs and areas for potential improvement. They will be expected to architect and implement solutions to these that are suitable for a global SaaS environment; working with other teams within the wider SaaS Operations team as needed. This will all be with a DevOps mindset of removing barriers and promoting self-enablement wherever possible. This may include implement an automation of deployments across our datacenters or the cloud, improve monitoring or updating Kubernetes to the latest versions.
In addition, this role will be helping, along with the wider SaaS Operations team, to keep our infrastructure up and running for our external and internal clients.
· Be the point of contact for all teams looking for technical advice or solutions
· Remove inefficiencies in the way we use (or don’t use (yet)) technology to drive value for the business.
· Use modern principles such as IaC, CI/CD and config management (puppet/ansible) to improve the way we work
· Work with stakeholders to architect, design, implement and document solutions for the use and optimization of our Infrastructure
· Become a subject matter expert on the application and infrastructure interfaces for other team members and teams
· Research and conduct projects for new technical application initiatives
· Identifying current and emerging technology trends and translating these to potential FlexTrade uses
· Diagnosing & resolving production issues · Take part in rota and on-call coverage for the live running of the FlexTrade environments covering multiple areas
· Experience in architecting complex, highly available SaaS solutions in a demanding environment and maintain them
· Strong experience of analyzing existing systems and workflows, identifying potential improvements and implementing
· CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, Gitlab(-CI)
· Container ecosystems (brownie points for k8s)
· Understanding of L2/L3 networking
· Everything as Code mentality
· Scripting/coding experience in languages such as Bash or Python
· Configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible
· Monitoring tools, for example SolarWinds, Nagios, PRTG, Prometheus etc.
· Utilizing and extending log management tools, for example Elk Stack or GrayLog
· Experience with Windows Server, Citrix, VMware and the Cloud
**FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.**
Join our global team for the next stage of your professional career
FlexTrade is a global financial technology firm that serves the world’s most dynamic and innovative financial institutions by creating bespoke trading solutions giving them edge in today’s financial markets. Employing experts in every asset class, we work with intent and agility to bring our client’s multi-asset trading workflows to life.
With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, FlexTrade maintains an experienced staff of over 500 developers, programmers, strategists, and product specialists, who work hand-in-hand with our clients' technologists and traders to break new ground in the field of electronic trading.
FlexTrade is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experience within our workforce.
WORK WITH A GLOBAL TEAM
OUR TEAM SERVICES CLIENTS ACROSS THE WORLD
ENGINEERS & DEVELOPERS
IN 9 COUNTRIES
PUSH THE BOUNDARIES
SOLUTIONS BUILT IN AN OPEN FRAMEWORK
The name FlexTrade is by design. We work in an open framework to ensure that we are pushing boundaries and delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients. Think outside of the box and push innovation further
LEAD THE CHARGE
WORK DIRECTLY WITH WORLD-CLASS TRADING DESKS
Our development and client services team work with the largest investment banks, hedge funds, asset mangers, CTAs, and institutional investors in the world providing cutting-edge opportunities for your career growth. At FlexTrade you aren't just a resource on the team, we'll challenge you to take control and push boundaries.
GROW YOUR PERSONAL BRAND
DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS AND GIVE BACK
We encourage all of our employees to grow professionally and individually and promote personal and professional growth whether you are interested in training, networking, or volunteering.
Corporate Social Responsibility plays a big role in life at FlexTrade. We organize various ways for you to engage in charity activities during working hours and invest in personal causes through our partner, KIVA.