Chemin de la Crétaux 33, 1196 Gland, Switzerland
Founded by two engineers, Swissquote makes trading opportunities accessible to everyone and we challenge everything that makes traditional banking irrelevant.
As an always-evolving company, we strive to challenge our organization, making teamwork and innovation more than just values. You will be able to accelerate your career in a fast-moving and rock-solid company: during these last couple of years, our bank has become the Swiss leader in online trading. We still keep growing and despite the COVID-19 pandemic, we were able to deliver exceptional results in 2020.
As a Database Engineer, you will join our IT Department in our Databases team. You will be responsible for administration and optimization of our databases. You will be in contact with many stakeholders in the company and be the referent regarding the databases of the bank.
- Build, and scale Swissquote’s database infrastructure
- Take in charge full databases administration
- Improve and optimize database administration and management with coding and automation with a focus on the performance, high availability and reliability.
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse databases and operating systems, and make them work well together.
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented, and train others to take on operations.
- Develop and maintain monitoring and alerting services
- Provide support to development teams on several projects
- Participate in on-call rotation with other team members, 1 week per month
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- 1+ year of experience with Database Engineering or Database Administration, using at least one of the following : Postgres, Oracle, MSSQL or MySQL
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux environment
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, quick Agile environment.
Join a bank that doesn’t feel like one. Help us challenge everything that makes traditional banking irrelevant. The dress-code? The sluggish innovation? The inaccessible managers? Out! We value personality, initiative and above all, team spirit. Our teams of software engineers, legal officers, sales and banking specialists are empowered to work with a common goal: making trading opportunities accessible to everyone!
7 cities, 40 nationalities, 35 languages... our company is made up of a diversity of backgrounds, cultures and skills. We want our 600 employees to work in an inspirational and freethinking environment, without any dresscode. So, whether you play ping-pong or Quidditch, whether you wear suits or heavy-metal sweatshirts, whether you eat quinoa salad or burgers, you will always feel welcome to Swissquote. Come and have a try!
Unite as one, Dare to be different, Do the right thing. In pursuit of excellence, Always say it how it is, Champion the customer.
Unite as one
Swissquote is a team made up of a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, nationalities and skills which makes us such a uniquebusiness and what we are today.
We encourage you to challenge yourself, to push your colleagues from their comfort zones, to work together so we are stronger, faster and smarter at what we do.
So, collaborate with your colleagues, work with our partners and listen to our customers as we will achieve our vision united as one.
Dare to be different
We want to be innovators, pioneers, game-changers, stimulated by the endless possibilities of re-engineering trading - Think big!
We want to create the most inspiring working environment in the financial industry where new ideas and technologies are imagined and brought to life and where the norm is challenged by asking questions like; what if? Why not?
We want to create a freethinking environment where curiosity and debate is celebrated and the boundaries of technology and customers service are pushed beyond expectations.
We are professionally disruptive.
Do the right thing
Integrity is one of our most important values, it is the backbone of Swissquote.
We are consummate professionals, we will always abide by the regulations of our industry and do the right thing for our customers.
We are fair, honest, respectfuland transparent in our dealings with our customers, staff, colleagues and partners.
Swissness- we may be pioneers and game-changers but everything we do will be considered and done for the right reasons for our customers’ benefit.